|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Veregy is an industry leader made up of eight engineering and energy service companies bringing energy-efficient, smart building technology, and distributed energy solutions to our markets. We believe innovation, together with award-winning service, creates long-term value for our clients.
A Foreman Level 3 has expertise in a supervising position directing the installation, modification and repair of HVAC/Plumbing related systems, equipment, and in commercial, industrial environments also including fabrication. Individual is responsible for planning, laying out, participating in, and supervising work on job sites and or in the shop. Individual works with Independently needing little to no interface with operations manager but has contact with superiors when needed. Work is performed under general direction of an administrative superior who is subject to periodic review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows PTP and company safety standards
- Required to stop work that appears to be unsafe
- Fills out daily hazard prevention plans
- Facilitate weekly safety meetings
- Report safety incidents to safety department and superiors
- Requests safety equipment for jobsite and is responsible for site safety equipment
- Has been trained in using platform lifts, aerial lifts, forklifts, backhoes, excavators etc as is applicable to scope.
- Manages any size project and often multiple projects
- Mentors installers and apprentices provided on projects
- Completes projects in a timely fashion
- Accountable for overall productivity goals and profitability
- Manages project quality control plan, project layout and trade coordination
- Accountable for overall quality installations
- Attends trade coordination meetings on jobsite
- Provide direction on layout, installation standards, means and methods and addressing quality issues.
- Performs quality checks regularly and identifies deficiencies to be corrected
Material and Equipment Management
- Responsible for equipment and materials associated with project
- Manages material ordering on the project, site storage, staging, laydown and material deliveries.
- Responsible for tools and equipment associated with project
- Manages 3 week look ahead.
- Works to identify labor needs for jobsite
- Carries out disciplinary action for workers on site if needed
- Manage clock in for all installers
- Coordinates with Startup tech/crew
- Manages project scope, daily reports, jobsite documentation as required
- Day to day interface with customer/General Contractor
- Accountable for tracking all T&M and other field generated changes
- Required to get approval from superiors for any changes from project scope of work
- Possess expert knowledge in HVAC/Plumbing trade related to materials, components, equipment, systems methods of installation, safety procedures, safe work practices, sizing and other calculations, use of hand and power tools
- General construction knowledge to understand project related drawings and documentation including plans, specifications, drawings, schematics, diagrams, sketches and blueprints to ensure proper installation means and methods
- Minimum 2-3 year as a level 2 Foreman
- Required to have a minimum OSHA 30 hour training
- Demonstrate proficiency and familiarity with use of proper hand and power tools and operation of related equipment
- Model and mentor safe work practices at all times to other workers and other industry team partners
- Able to work in fast-paced environment, adapt easily to changes to planned tasks or schedules, work well under pressure
- Computer software proficiency including Microsoft programs, outlook, and or other job-related hardware and software applications that may be required
High School diploma or General Education (GED) equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work 40 hours per week and overtime if required
- Safely lift and carry maximum of 50 lbs unassisted. Permissible weightlifting limit may increase with 1) proper use of personal protective equipment (i.e. back brace); 2) and / or adequate assistance or support by one or more trained co-workers or other individuals; and / or by other approved mechanical or engineered means.
- Job may require repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers and / or prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting or walking throughout workday
- Job may require exposure to or working on, near or from:
- Job site conditions during inclement weather such as extreme heat, cold or precipitation
- Uneven or slip prone surfaces, ditches, trenches and other types of excavations
- The operating of heavy equipment, vehicular traffic and extreme noise conditions
- Restricted or confined spaces such as manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics, clean-rooms, and / or raised metal floors
- Various heights by use of ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks, and other manual elevated work platforms and areas
- Wearing a personal (waist) tool belt at all times while performing work on a jobsite which may weigh approximately 30 pounds when stocked
- Possible to exposure to nonmetallic materials such as fiberglass, plastic board and other manufacturing equipment containing chemicals or potentially toxic materials
- The use of construction site sanitary facilities (i.e. Porta-John)
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass and meet security clearance requirements, background checks and / or other identification processes for client work of particular or confidential nature or as may be required by the company from time to time
- Must comply with all applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and procedural requirements mandated by work performed that is of a qualified, defined safety sensitive nature
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurability when job duties require use of a motor vehicle
- Exercising of discretion in decision making process and maintaining of strict confidentiality with respect to Four Star Fabricators' applicants, employees, clients, other industry partners and company proprietary information
Present professional image of Veregy at all times by promoting and exemplifying company's established core values and ethical business principles
- Competitive Compensation.
- Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and Paid Time Off.
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- 401k Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contributions (%).
- Employer Sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance.
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Continued Education and Trade Certification Sponsorship (Specific Positions).
- Company Branded Trucks Provided (Specific Positions).
- Requires repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers and / or prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting, or walking throughout workday.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. as needed.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Veregy values diversity and is committed to building a workforce comprised of individuals with different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Veregy, where employment is based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic history, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We strive to create an inclusive culture that empowers individuals to thrive, try new things, and grow together as one Veregy.