|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
We are recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to support a DoD client. The work will be providing an on-site 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) solution at the Parachute Testing and Training Facility (PTTF) in Marana, north of Tucson.
The Field Engineer will be responsible for installation, operation, and maintenance (IOM) of the existing infrastructure for Band 41 end-to-end 4G LTE system, connecting individual jumpers, including training instructors, both on the ground and while under canopy at all drop zones (DZ) within the PTTF Marana area of operations for all training events. Qualified candidates should have experience delivering services related to the Band 41 4G LTE Cell-on-Wheels (COW) environment. A strong understanding of networking topologies is required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work under general supervision, providing solutions to technical problems of moderate scope/complexity.
- Provides expert and second tier technical support and analysis to field engineers and technicians.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of Company technical products, programs, and systems.
- Tests, trains, and fields support to customers regarding technical aspects of designated systems and services.
- Provide expertise for the resolution of technical problems, troubleshoots products, and modifies products to customer requirements.
- Maintain network stability through advanced troubleshooting, timely resolution of incidents, and proactive maintenance to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time to Repair.
- Provide training to customers.
- Review system and network configurations to ensure successful implementation of services into production.
- Provide expert and second tier technical support for the installation and repair of complex systems and outages.
- Partners with developers and engineers to reduce re-occurring incidents.
- Provide consultative assistance during off hours as needed.
- Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of designated systems and services.
- Apply senior diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- U.S. citizenship
- Current secret level security clearance (at a minimum)
- Eligibility to pass a pre-employment background check including drug screen
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent related work experience
- Current Security+ or CCNA-S certification is highly preferred (will consider qualified candidates that can certify before/soon after starting work)
- 2+ years of related experience in these areas:
- Configuration, administration, troubleshooting in support of Cisco networking devices
- WAN/LAN optimization systems
- Wi-Fi systems and access points
- VoIP/RoIP and Video
- Encryption devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of network topologies
- Outstanding customer interfacing skills
- Adept troubleshooting skills
- Availability to work on-site
- Availability to support local travel, as required
- Experience with cellular systems (network and device) familiarity; Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK); TAK server is a plus