|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
SP Industries is seeking to expand and strengthen our Field Service Team. We have numerous openings for highly motivated and talented Field Service Engineers. Responsibilities include the service, maintenance, repair, testing and calibration of complex equipment with minimum supervision. This job requires extensive travel to customers' locations. Experience in refrigeration, compressors and systems; as well as the ability to read and interpret blueprints, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics and experience with troubleshooting and repair of freeze-dryers is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned:
* Perform mid-level to advanced customer support activities including equipment installation, equipment and/or product troubleshooting and repair, equipment maintenance, and assist with equipment testing, start-up, and validation activities as needed
* Responsible for supervising and/or executing field installation and testing of equipment
* Responsible for customer technical support (product/equipment troubleshooting) including support via phone, online, or in the field. Act as single point of contact for customer, soliciting internal technical support as needed, managing sub-contractors as needed
* Maintain broad equipment, process, and manufacturing knowledge critical to supporting equipment
* Works independently with minimal technical supervision
* Autonomous troubleshooting of various models of SP Scientific Equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Able to independently coordinate/perform the installation of complex, structural capital equipment
* Able to assemble complex, often large, mechanical assemblies
* Independent troubleshooting of complex mechanical and refrigeration systems
* Able to perform manufacturing processes such as brazing, welding, etc
* Independently able to decipher electrical, mechanical, and process flow schematics
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (As required)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* AAS in electrical, mechanical, or mechanic disciplines or equivalent work experience
Refrigeration (EPA Universal Card)
* Basic understanding of PLC Controls including ladder logic.
* Familiarity and use of test equipment.
* Familiarity and use of hand tools.
* Plumbing, including piping and brazing.
* Electrical/Electronic knowledge.
* Understanding of technical instructions, schematics, blueprints and specifications.
* Mechanical Skills.
* Computer Skills
* Degree or Certificate from approved two year college or technical school in related field, five years related experience, or equivalent education and experience.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to read instrumentation and gauges for measurement purposes. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Able to work under own initiative.
* Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
* Work environment is 90% in the field at customer facilities
* Field work is often around near medium/heavy construction and/or cleanroom environments.
* Internal manufacturing floor contains mobile equipment, machinery, steam, high voltages, welding.
* Noise levels can vary and hearing protection may be required in some areas.
* Travel is approximately 90% to customer locations (including potential international).
* Must be able to work multiple/varying shifts to support business needs.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
* We provide a wide range of innovative and high quality scientific products that improve people's lives.
* We are customer-focused and value our team's expertise.
* We respect each other and foster a collaboration work environment.
* We innovate and are open to change.
* We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
* WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP INDUSTRIES OFFERS:
We are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program focused on your total well-being.
* Competitive compensation package
* A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
* The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K) including company match!
* Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid Holidays
* Travel Reimbursement & Auto Allowance
* Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.