|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Michael Baker International is seeking an enthusiastic, articulate, motivated Navy (NAVFAC), Army (USACE), and Air Force (AFCEC)-focused Project Manager(s) (PM II) to join our dynamic and growing Project Management team. A significant priority for our team is growing our Federal (Department of Defense - DoD) markets, specific to Architecture/Engineering (A/E) IDIQ, MATOC, SATOC and MACC (D/B) contract vehicles for NAVFAC, USACE, AFCEC, and other DoD components.
The successful candidate will be a licensed Architect or Engineer who demonstrates successful experience with DoD clients delivering A/E programs and projects, including management of geographically dispersed, multi-disciplinary, collaborative project design teams comprised of architects, interior designers, civil engineers, and building systems engineers.
Responsible for all aspects of project management, the candidate must also be adept in evaluating potential opportunities to determine probabilities of success; making recommendations, determining project time frames and funding limitations, outlining procedures for accomplishing project requirements and allotment of available resources to various project phases.
Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to develop new, and strengthen existing, positive relationships, both internally and externally, with colleagues and new clients, respectively. Articulate, concise and consistent communication is essential for collaborating with leadership and project staff to outline workplan, responsibilities, quality management, risk assessment, and scope of authority, all the while ensuring that project milestones and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed scope, schedule and budget parameters, clearly documenting and communicating project progress to team and leadership.
Other essential skills include creative problem-solving, organizational skills, financial project management skills, strong production management capabilities, and a proven understanding of construction documents and constructability.
- Develop/implement project work plans/methodologies for complex projects.
- Direct and coordinate activities of multi-disciplinary staff to ensure project progression per schedule, on budget, and within scope parameters.
- Work with Operations Managers to ensure staff maintains certifications and current licensing and training requirements to meet government regulatory requirements.
- Actively identify and recruit industry talent for strategic pursuits and projects.
- Leverage existing relationships to help create new opportunities for Michael Baker International.
- Identify new opportunities for growth to support expanding our core markets.
- Possess proficient experience and understanding of interdisciplinary relationships between Architecture/Engineering disciplines, clients, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated business development/marketing experience as a "seller-doer" including proposal management and technical response proposals (SF330, Design/Build, etc.).
- Must be able to build rapport and establish positive relationships with existing and prospective Michael Baker International clients to ensure client-focused performance.
- U.S. Federal DoD experience (USACE, Navy, Air Force) required.
- Specific experience with Design/Build alternate project delivery methods is highly preferred.
- Understand Michael Baker International's competitor services and offerings; actively seek to build our technical services to be comparable with, or superior to, competitors' consulting service offerings.
- Familiarity with Building Information Modeling (BIM) [Autodesk Revit Architecture/AutoCAD] software (current software versions) and application project implementation.
- Familiarity and experience with technical specifications software, including SpecsIntact, MasterSpec, etc., as well as Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) and building codes.
- BS/BA Architecture or Engineering; Bachelor of Architecture; or MS/MA Architecture or Engineering.
- Licensed Architect (RA/AIA) or Professional Engineer (PE).
- LEED Accredited Professional BD+C, or equivalent, is highly preferred.
- PMP Credentials preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in the coordination and management of architecture and engineering projects beyond initial licensure.
- Travel is required.
The salary range for this position is $89,067-$204,096 This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits