|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Pennington Seed is searching for an experienced Facilities Supervisor in our Greenfield, Missouri location. This position requires qualified candidates to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
MEASURE OF SUCCESS
- Maintain and update our SSOP (sanitation standard operating procedure) as needed.
- Keep documentation of the cleaning schedule with daily inspections.
- Report any unsatisfactory conditions or issues to proper personnel.
- Assists when needed for "special projects" when noted by management.
- Applies constant vigilance in watching for sanitation issues to provide a positive example to other employees in following GMP (good manufacturing practices/policy) inside the facility.
- Oversee daily housekeeping operations i.e., cleaning of offices, bathrooms, breakrooms, empty trash, etc.
- Manage other housekeeping personnel, and cover for those employees when absent.
- Maintain inventory of disinfectant and other cleaning supplies.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Frequent stooping, squatting, overhead lifting, and walking.
- Able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Full-time position in a warehouse production facility.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Due to the dusty conditions caused by grain handling activity, anyone with respiratory difficulties may be required to wear a respiratory device or a dust mask.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.