|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Environmental Services Team Lead
The Environmental Services Team Leader will help oversee the facility housekeeping and laundry operation under the supervision of the Director of Plant Operations and Environmental Services. Maintains hospital facility in a clean and sanitary condition. Operates the facility laundry and oversees distribution of laundry from vendor.
- Delegates assignments and staffing for each shift for both laundry and housekeeping services.
- Follows established protocols and policies to evaluate cleaning practices and gives feedback to staff in a timely manner.
- Follows established protocols and policies to assure that housekeeping and laundry services are provided by the department with consistency and quality.
- Ensures accurate completion of housekeeping check off lists and laundry logs.
- Audits, edits, and maintains employee time sheets as needed, with approvals provided by the Director of Plant Operations and Environmental Services.
- Arranges and works in cooperation with Dietary department leadership to schedule, set up, and service facility catering events.
- Assumes "on-call" duty for Housekeeping and Laundry Departments along with Director of Environmental Services to respond in the event of emergencies.
- Assists Director of Plant Operations and Environmental Services in evaluations of department staff performance.
- Performs preliminary interviews for prospective employees.
- Checks housekeeping and laundry deliveries and assists in processing invoices.
- Performs ordering of department materials and quarterly inventory of housekeeping and laundry stock in coordination with Director of Plant Operations.
- In the absence of the Director of Plant Operations and Environmental Services, provides leadership to Environmental Services department, consulting with the Director of Operations as needed.
- Cleans and services patient rooms and office. Follows cleaning procedures and checks off list after completion of each room.
- Sweeps, mops, waxes floors using clean water, sanitized mops and accurately uses floor polishers.
- Provides supplies (tissues, paper towels, soap, etc.) to areas as needed. Checks cleaning supplies daily before going to area.
- Appropriately disposes of trash and medical waste from all areas of the hospital. Maintains trash cans sanitized with new liner, tie and disposes trash in compactor.
- Moves furniture and exercises safety procedures and avoids damage to furniture or walls.
- Cleans assigned areas using proper solutions, equipment and techniques. Follows cleaning procedures and checks off list after completion of each room.
- Checks detergents in each wash cycle to assure that linen is properly washed.
- Cleans machine tumblers after each use.
- Follows guidelines in handling soiled linen and washed linen hampers after each use.
- Loads carts with adequate supply of linen for each area and reloads amounts before each delivery.
- Folds clean linen and stores extra linen in clean linen room.
- Sweeps and mops floor daily and disinfects folding table daily.
- Logs all soiled linen, clean linen and linen delivery daily.
- Cleans equipment after each use and stores it neatly in designated area.
Education and Training: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years hospital housekeeping experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have manual ability to perform such tasks as mopping, buffing, polishing, scrubbing, and moving furniture.
• Ability to perform repetitive cleaning operations throughout the workday, under specific instructions with little need for judgement in working out job problems.
• Ability to plan and coordinate all laundry activities using judgmental and verifiable criteria to evaluate performance equipment and various aspects of the laundry program.
• Ability to perform repetitive operations throughout the workday, under specific instructions with little need for judgment in working out job problems.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.