|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
The 'Apply with SEEK option' will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
EFI Global is a full-service engineering, fire investigation, environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private sectors. Over the last four decades, we have grown from a boutique firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and providing expert witness testimony, into a recognized global leader in engineering failure analysis, origin-and-cause investigations, environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty consulting. Our forensic investigation, engineering and environmental services teams around the world share a dedication to expertise, quality and demonstrating to customers that caring counts. Each of our more than 700 professional engineers, fire investigators, architects and scientists was selected for their technical proficiency, in-depth industry knowledge and commitment to professional integrity. Together, our diverse backgrounds and collective insights empower clients to make better-informed business decisions. EFI's combination of global solutions and local expertise has earned the firm a reputation for delivering timely responses that consistently meet our clients' expectations-anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn more about EFI Global.
Seeking an experienced Project Manager in the Building Sciences Industry with experience in Asbestos, Lead, Hazardous/Regulated Materials, PCB Management, Mold/Microbial Services, Indoor Air Quality, etc.
This hybrid/remote role must be based in the greater Boston area and requires working in a variety of environments and a combination of travel (local or regional).
- Ideal candidate would have experience in client management and accounts, including oversight of expectations, scope preparation and deliverables.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To test, analyze, survey, interpret, and report on information/data collected relative to project assignments performing assignments in a timely manner and within the financial constraints of budgetary requirements and contractual obligations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops, coordinates, implements, and directs projects within fields of expertise.
- Interprets field data and laboratory results.
- Summarizes data from field samples and laboratory result and writes reports relating appropriate information regarding field data and laboratory results.
- Reviews the work output of others ensuring all work meets or exceeds client expectations and contractual obligations.
- Meets or exceeds productivity levels as determined by manager.
- Promotes EFI Global capabilities to expand business opportunities with new and existing client companies assisting in the development of business and marketing.
- Completes project tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures assuring completed scope of work for project.
- Advises immediate supervisor of necessary deviations from standards or scope of assignment and recommends appropriate course(s) of action.
- Complies with company and OSHA safety programs and use of personal protection equipment.
- Completes project tasks within established budgetary schedule and assists in the invoice process.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university such as environmental science, industrial hygiene, construction safety or other related disciplines.
- Licenses as required such as Asbestos Inspector, Management Planner and Design (in New England states).
- Valid driver's license with clean driving history
Six (6) years of related and practical work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Possess a basic knowledge in area of expertise and knowledge of general terms, conditions, nomenclature, principles and practices of related expertise associated with the Environmental Services industry and/or assigned area of specialty
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven management/leadership skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer keyboarding
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead
- Must have continual use of manual dexterity
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace