|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The individual will perform various duties as required to support 24/7 Plant and Process operations in a cGMP environment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends
• Must be able to respond to emergency on call.
• Monitor critical plant systems.
• Perform daily meter readings.
• Assist with trouble shooting of mechanical and electrical systems.
• Perform planned and unplanned maintenance.
• Work with and manage vendors.
• Maintain records of building operations, repairs, parts and equipment.
• Assist with the creation of Preventative Maintenance documents and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Assist with writing Deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls and SOP Revisions.
• Will assist in failure investigations (root cause) and help provide corrective/preventive actions to Deviations and equipment failures
• Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of Emergent and the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry. This includes FDA regulations such as cGMP, GDP, EH&S regulations, and company regulations such as the employee handbook.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• HS Diploma/GED
• Minimum Maryland Third Grade Stationary Engineering License preferred.
• Universal CFC Refrigerant License preferred.
• Prior experience working in a clean room preferred.
• Prior experience with general utility systems, boilers, electrical, HVAC and refrigeration systems.
• Prior experience with critical utility systems, purified water systems, clean steam, pharmaceutical gasses, classified HVAC systems preferred.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority.
• Must have basic computer skills
• Prior SAP experience preferred
• Must be customer service and quality driven.
• Prior cGMP experience preferred
• Prior experience in an environment that implemented and maintained advanced maintenance techniques such as preventive and predictive maintenance programs (PMMS, TPM, Predictive Maintenance) preferred.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.