|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
The Engineering Program Manager for Product Development reports to the Vice President of Quality and Technology. This position is charged with maintaining systems required to assure the effective design and development and validation of new products in accordance with customers' specifications and the policy, business direction, needs and regulations of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the administration of product design and development.
- Oversee the operations of the laboratory for product and process validation including ongoing confirmation of product conformity in random testing.
- Interact effectively with customers to incorporate product design inputs and implement customer initiatives.
- Direct the work of program managers and designers in a product team environment.
- Direct the management of initial parts production and tooling sourcing and design/development through the IPP Coordinator.
- Support new model quotation process through initial feasibility and technical assessment to design guides, engaging the expertise of technical resources in or out of the company.
- Cooperatively partner with the Sales Department and CQ to support effective customer communication and build customer confidence.
- Support the achievement of Company 's safety, quality, cost, productivity and inventory goals through efficient management of engineering and lab support resources.
- Supervises exempt and non-exempt associates in product development and laboratory facility.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or above in a technical field; and five years experience in engineering and/or engineering supervision; additional direct manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as those found in trigonometry, analytic geometry, vector algebra and calculus.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as probability and statistics, designed experiments, reliability analysis of life distribution data, finite element analysis and other CAE techniques.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to consider problems in geometry, assembly or tolerance in three-dimensional space.
About Advantage Technical
Advantage Technical is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Technical is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.