|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Manpower Engineering is exclusively partnering with international, industry leading, and growing company in the Neenah/Menasha, WI Area on a highly visible direct hire/permanent Engineering Manager position.
This is a great opportunity for someone that's been in a leadership position and also enjoys the technical side and for those on the technical side to gain more leadership experience.
The company is looking for someone that lives in the immediate area or is willing to relocate to this area.
The company has been in business for 50 years, and we've closely and successfully partnered for the last 8. They continue to expand into new markets by acquiring products and companies. Our client is well respected, has strong leadership, great culture, great work/life balance, and is a very progressive company open to new ideas. They have a history of providing forward-looking solutions that help reduce risk and deliver a highly quality product.
The company offers a very generous compensation plan (base salary and bonus), a great full benefits package, and a hybrid work model, and relocation assistance (if needed).
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and developing a team of engineering/technical specialists. The position reports to the Director of Engineering and manages associates in the Neenah/Menasha, WI Area and Remote Associates. Working closely with cross-functional leaders, this individual provides technical support for existing and new products across the Acute Care Consumables (ACC) and Non-Acute Care Consumables portfolios. The Engineering Manager also provides coaching and mentoring to engineering team members and supports Director of Engineering in process and systems development to align with enterprise strategies. The individual also participates in strategic planning for key areas.
- Manages team of approximately 3-4 engineers/technical specialists.
- Acts as project manager for highly complex and impactful projects.
- Collaborates in transferring designs to manufacturing.
- Supports Quality Management Systems (QMS) functions with demonstrated expertise in FDA and ISO Design Controls, Risk Management, and Design Transfer.
- With manufacturing and quality assurance teams, performs root cause analysis for product process failures/discrepancies and proposes preventative and corrective actions.
- Develops and maintains enterprise-wide product stability program.
- Teaches and assists on technical, compliance, standards and development of specifications.
- Reviews and approves projects, protocols, drawings and documentation for accuracy and to ensure they meet applicable internal and external standards.
- Qualifies and engages outside testing labs and technical consultants.
- Continuously improves sustaining engineering processes.
- Performs other tasks as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, or Chemical preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience working in a robust/regulated Quality Management System - i.e. medical device, automotive, aerospace, food production, etc. - experience with risk management (RMP)
- Experience supervising/managing/leading others in a manufacturing environment is a plus. Also open to leadership experience outside of a professional setting.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project; some proficiency with AutoCAD, Pro/E or SolidWorks design application software
- Strong engineering, analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop engineers
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Successful team player; demonstrated successful interpersonal and influence management skills
- Track record of successfully collaborating with multiple functions and teams to drive successful project outcomes
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Energetic, self-motivated and can work independently; demonstrated strong work ethic