|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
This individual will be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and exercising functional authority for project management of engineering projects within the assigned area of responsibility. This individual will also review and approve all product design changes and new product releases. Additionally, the Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the Engineering Team, the Test Lab, and IT.
- Confer with Management, Production, Sales, Product Management, and Marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Direct reports will include Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Tech Support/Application Engineers, Optisizer Engineer and IT.
- Manages projects to ensure timely completion, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities; and/or to direct the Product Manager to assist with project coordination and communication.
- Manages the VAVE and cost reduction process (quarterly process) to ensure that we are continuously evaluating our existing products and comparing them to competition from a cost and performance basis.
- Assign personnel to specific phases of projects such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plan, and product testing.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes for compliance with engineering principals, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Plan and formulate engineering program's staff; assign, direct and evaluate their work.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence according to project budget.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department and lab.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, completing yearly reviews for employees, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing to troubleshoot warranty issues, product issues and/or failures and to determine root causes for those problems. To implement changes to prevent future product problems.
- To serve on industry related committees to stay abreast of any industry changes which may impact the company in the North American market and globally.
- Responsible for approving and coordinating any special quotes as requested by Sales. This includes making judgement calls or coordinating with Operations to determine if time-consuming quotes should be completed by the company.
- Serve as the company expert with all products to be able to answer any technical related questions when necessary.
- Observe all company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work additional hours to support the organization's needs.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the President.