|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab8 is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Process Engineer to become a part of our 300mm wafer fabrication facility in Malta, New York. This position will be located at GlobalFoundries in Malta, New York, and report to the Fab8 DIF Process Manager with the primary responsibility of owning Furnace operations / processes, film characterization and quality improvement projects as assigned by the Manager.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments using techniques such as DOE (Design of Experiments) to screen and optimize manufacturing processes
- Sustain established manufacturing processes using Recipe and Tool management systems such as RMS, XSite, Ingenio, EEMS
- Utilize structured problem solving techniques such as 8D to troubleshoot process and defectivity issues and statistical process control (SPC) to sustain and improve process capability
- Drive process qualifications on installed tools and implement process control plans
- Meet technology (process maturity, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (throughput, cost of ownership) targets in coordination with Quality, Yield and Process Integration teams.
- Use established methods such as failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), physical and chemical characterization of thin films (SEM, TEM, XPS, SIMS, AFM, etc) to assess and mitigate risks associated with process changes and improvements
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput improvement, cost reduction, and yield improvements
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Engineering / Technology / Applied Sciences
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Knowledge of semiconductor / silicon processing
- Background in Chemical or Material Sciences is preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Prior experience working in a semiconductor cleanroom environment and use of XSite, RMS, Ingenio
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law