|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 10 has an opportunity for a skilled and motivated industrial engineer to join our team. As a member of the engineering team, you will work on factory capacity planning, cycle time analysis, cost savings projects, equipment optimization and productivity improvements. You will analyze ways to balance equipment utilization, meet production demand and capital spending targets. This position requires an individual with strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. This position will be located at GlobalFoundries in East Fishkill, NY.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Manage capacity planning for factory equipment (tools)
- Provide Industrial Engineering support to cross functional teams, including cycletime analysis, strategic capital support, and productivity improvement actions
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Participate and lead problem solving sessions using structured approach and lean methodologies
- Communicate effectively across teams in manufacturing, production control, quality, engineering and maintenance
- Align objectives with other GlobalFoundries factories and seek best practices for execution
- Ensure the overall Industrial Engineering focus is aligned with operations requirements and delivering value to the organization
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Strong data analysis skills
- Able to travel as required (this is expected to be ~10% of the time or less)
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Education: Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Lean methodologies and structured problem solving
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.