|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Job ID: 400915
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
*DAY SHIFT, PAY: Based On Experience: $27.20 - $39.18.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs repairs and routine maintenance on plant electrical equipment and systems. Installs new plant electrical equipment as needed.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Troubleshoot, calibrate and repair electric and electronic circuits, equipment, controls, and instrumentation as needed.
- Interpret and work from blueprints, charts, tables, work orders, verbal instructions, and established practices to organize and complete assigned repair jobs. Solve routine job problems effectively.
- Performs repairs, routine maintenance, and preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Performs the construction and installation of new plant electrical equipment and systems.
- Modifies existing plant electrical equipment, instruments, and systems.
- Inspects plant electrical systems and equipment for needed preventive maintenance.
- Inspect and service electrical motors, including bearing lubrication and replacement.
- Install power and control wiring including conduit and cable tray.
- Must be willing and able to learn operations and troubleshooting of plant environmental equipment.
- Responsible for housekeeping and clean-up of immediate work areas or in other areas in conjunction with assigned duties.
- Responsible for documentation associated with job duties.
- Aids in training electrical apprentices.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Electrical Supervisor, as needed.
- On a continuing basis observes all safety rules, wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations and safety policies.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to read and interpret warning labels, safety instructions, product use instructions, and electrical drawings including schematics, interconnection, conduit and cabinet drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of ladder logic in programmable logic controllers.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Ability to solve routine electrical and instrumentation problems effectively.
- Knowledge of plant safety and lockout procedures and the ability to follow all plant rules.
- Ability to safely and effectively use screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, basic hand tools, Ohmmeter, Meg Ohm meter, recorders, amp meter, conduit bender, threading machine, wire puller, forklift, man lift, and related equipment.
- May need to pass a basic electrical instrumentation test.
- 3 years of experience in work as an electrician
Licenses and Certifications
- Other - Journeyman Electrician (Preferred)
- H.S. Diploma / GED
- Associate's Degree , Vocational Program or Trade School. (Preferred)
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .