|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Temp to hire
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of four years experience as an Industrial Electrician in a mining environment. Must be a certified Electrician.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Provide plant wide electrical coverage for diagnosing and repair of electrical equipment on changing shift basis
• Diagnose problems, develop solutions and repair electrical equipment to manufacturer's and Company operating standards.
• Test and calibrate electrical components in the field and shop environments
• Installation of equipment (Conduit, Control panels, Wire pulling, etc...)
• Requisition parts and materials
• Perform and assist in mechanical repairs
• Identify and rectify electrical hazards per Company and MSHA safety standards.
• Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime
• Work with other electricians and instrument technicians Lead/Supervise electrical shop and staff
• Must be able to read electrical blueprints and manufacturer's installation instructions
• Troubleshoot effectively with the ability to plan and administer said plan
• Applicant is required to furnish his own basic hand tools
• Must have experience in 2400V; 480 - 3 phase motor controls and system operation
• Must have experience with low voltage 120V to 24V control systems.
• Must have experience with troubleshooting and repair of PLC's and controls.
• Must have reasonable knowledge of electrical code and installation procedures.
Higher consideration is given to individuals with knowledge of oven or blast furnace systems.
Any knowledge of welding and fabrication is a plus but not required.
4 - 10 hour days with callouts and overtime required as necessary; weekend and night shifts included.