|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Acme Brick Company (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) has been operating for 130 years in 13 states in the south central/south eastern United States. Our vision is to be THE trusted materials solution for enduring beauty, safety, and strength in building communities. Our associates are our greatest asset and we strive to be a great place to work every day.
We are currently seeking a "best in class" Electrician that will be responsible for the care and maintenance of all electrical system, components and equipment of buildings, machinery, and grounds. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You will be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining procedures, communication, and customer service. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) This is a safety sensitive position
- Ensure electrical operation of machinery and equipment on production, packaging, processing equipment and utility systems
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work order to perform required maintenance and service
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and handling equipment in performing duties
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory
- Follow all required work safe practices including lock-out tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas
Skills and Experience Required for Success
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and other standards
- Knowledge of power/hand tools
- Extensive knowledge of PLC's, VFD's, instrumentation and motor control circuits
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds regularly
Competencies Required for Success
- Demonstrated prioritization / time management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; OR one to three months related experience AND/OR training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.