|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for the installation, repair, maintenance and servicing of electrical equipment and fittings in accordance with regulations and specifications. Ensure that all electrical systems which have already been installed are well maintained and working in proper condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: Because Eastern Shipbuilding is continually growing to meet the needs of our customers, the essential duties and responsibilities may be different than described.
· Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays.
· Comply with company, Federal, State, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations and policies while performing duties.
· Update and maintain records of all installation and repair work.
· Work in different settings for the installation, repair, maintenance, and servicing of electrical equipment and fittings.
· Carry out mechanical fitting and assembling works relevant to heavy current equipment, and machine or fabricate parts for such equipment.
· Install electrical equipment such as motor starters, controllers, switchgears, switchboards, busbars, transformers and control panels.
· Install meters, instruments, relays and protection equipment.
· Install brackets, mechanical fittings, and assembly works in accordance with specifications.
· Rig and set equipment and foundations.
· Work with minimal supervision.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
May indirectly supervise and/or train subordinates.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalence plus three to five years previous electrical fitter experience in a shipyard desired. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Tack weld with stainless rod, mig, and aluminum. Requires knowledge of ship terminology, safety, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) regulations. Requires working knowledge of lock-out/tag-out procedures.
Skills: Ability to read and comprehend written, verbal, and diagram form or plans. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, and diagram form. Ability to read and understand electrical specifications, wiring and circuit diagrams, and building plans. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees. Knowledge of safe operation and use of hand and power tools. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to read a tape measure.