|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Job ID: 300260
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to the application of asphalt/tack on highway/roadways/parking lots/driveways.
- Operates asphalt distributor truck
- Sets spray bar on manual, automatic, or semi-automatic distributors for applying liquid asphalt.
- Apply liquid from distributor to designated area with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Physical ability to operate distributor and to perform manual labor as needed, such as shoveling or raking, under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment
- May perform other related duties such as shoveling, setting string line, and adding or removing screed extensions
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures.
- The following motions will be required: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting - these will occupy most of work day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs while using proper lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school degree of equivalent is preferred but not required
- Commercial Driver's License with hazmat endorsements required.
- Ability to follow verbal instruction via crew foreman to assist in other positions if needed
- Ability to follow traffic control instructions and practice safety standards per company policy
- MVR must meet company standards.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .