|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner!
Discipline Manager - Position and Responsibilities
As a Discipline Manager (DM) with Middough, you will direct and manage a technical team to complete assigned project work on time, within budget, and in accordance with applicable codes/standards and Company work processes and guidelines. The DM will also assist their team in solving complex problems through technology, lessons learned, development of best practices, and will drive all related efforts in the advancement toward technical and project execution excellence. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct technical team to the successful completion of projects.
- Collaborate with senior management in coordinating work for projects.
- Determine technical team staffing needs in collaboration with senior management and partner with Human Resources to source and interview technical talent.
- Mentor and coach team members using best practices, supportive behavior, and training tools.
- Provide support and input for client proposals, SOQs, and presentations.
- Apply Company work processes to provide quality checks and reviews of all assigned projects.
- Manage quality and accuracy standards and review/approve completed technical deliverables.
- Perform technical analysis and solutions for complex or unique projects. Secure peer reviews to help guarantee quality services and projects are produced per client, industry, and Company expectations.
- Utilize scheduling and earned value tool(s) to help ensure forecasting is predictable and projects are completed on time and per budget.
- Develop and maintain professional client relationships by providing valued technical and managerial solutions.
- Actively support business development activities in collaboration with senior project manager.
- Adhere to and administer corporate policies.
- Develop team member development plans and objectives.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Professional Engineering license in Mechanical Engineering highly desired.
- 15+ years of engineering experience in Mechanical Engineering in refining, chemical, metals, and/or power industries with experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Equipment design & specification pressure and rotating process equipment.
- ASME S8D1 pressure vessel design, evaluation, & FFS.
- Industrial ventilation/environmental pollution controls.
- Design and specification of material handling systems & equipment.
- Stress and flow analysis of piping in refinery/chemical and/or metals industries.
- Advanced mechanical evaluation using FEA or CFD engineering tools.
- Welding and Metallurgy design.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning and completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.
What Middough Offers
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
Middough participates in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work authorization.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.