|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Combine Fintech and Healthcare, two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get - leading edge technology that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about providing advanced, state-of-the-art payment solutions to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive.
Careers at Solutran, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, offer a unique and exciting opportunity to create large-impact, market-leading payments and financial technology innovations, while delivering on the mission of improving the health and wellbeing of tens of millions of Americans.
Our industry-leading S3 payments platform is integrated at 35,000+ retail locations and supports some of the largest benefits and rewards programs in the world by offering value to consumers and directing the spending of funds to approved health-enhancing products and services. This advanced technology has led to Solutran's rapid ascent to market leadership in healthcare benefits and has broader applicability across numerous other industries.
Working within a FinTech powerhouse, Solutran team members enjoy a culture of performance and collaboration, along with the resources and technology tools of a Fortune 5 company that comes with being a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our teams work in close partnership with the largest and most foreward thinking companies in America including Aetna, Anthem, CVS, General Mills, Kroger, UnitedHealthcare, Walmart, Walgreens and more. Learn more about our latest innovations at . Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
The Director, S3 Platform position is a key leadership position in a leading FinTech company (Solutran) that is operating independently as part of Optum Financial/UHG. The corporate headquarters is based in Plymouth, MN, but this position is also eligible for full-time telecommuting.
As the Director, S3 Platform position, you will lead a team of technical product owners and software engineers in enhancing and growing a highly complex and highly available payment processing platform.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading FinTech engineering and product teams, and a solid experience with payment processing and merchant payment systems.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define the product roadmap for the S3 Directed Spend Platform
- Lead engineering and product teams in enhancing and growing the S3 Platform
- Lead engineering and architectural design for highly available, complex payment processing systems
- Hands-on experience in solutioning, designing and implementing payment processing platforms
- Build solid relationships with stakeholders across the client and internal teams and plan for technology that meets the current and future needs of our clients
- Collaborate with merchant integration teams to provide technical direction to merchant integrations projects
- Collaborate with retail operation teams to ensure support structure is in place to support a highly available payment processing platform
- Support design and implementation of a resilient technology architecture
- Manage all aspects of resource and talent management with a focus on optimizing productivity and employee engagement
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering or product management
- 5+ years of team management experience with a variety of technical teams
- Proven experience implementing complex payment systems
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and Product team to deliver business and technical outcomes
- Understanding of unified communication services, storage and backup services, desktop services, print services
- Knowledge of advanced software engineering principles
- Understanding of platform and product engineering concepts and frameworks
- Knowledge of Vendor Management
- Knowledge of ITIL, Service Management and Service Desk
- Knowledge of system tracking, analysis, and reporting
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
Where you will work:
For candidates in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area, this will be a hybrid position, working in the office and remote.
For candidates outside of Minnesota, this is a fully remote position, with the opportunity to travel to our corporate office occasionally.
This position does not require frequent travel.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.