|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation%26rsquo;s %26quot;Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,%26rdquo; this position will be based out of our Hartland, WI location. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
The Director of Engineering will oversee and manage a function within the Engineering Department. Modify existing product designs, improve production techniques and develop test procedures. Investigate current practices and scope. Develop and implement changes that will improve operational productivity.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecast operating costs of department and prepare budget requests
- Identify ways to increase operational productivity (i.e. warehouse, manufacturing, reorder, buying and production control).
- Develop quality protocols for new packaging material. Ensure that new products meet the strict quality and performance standards set by the division (i.e. burst testing & tensile tests).
- Perform complex assignments to develop new and/or enhance existing procedures, statistical analysis, inspections, and validation activities. Contribute to the organization's process improvement activities.
- Analyze costs related to capital expenditures to determine breakeven points, payback and associated hard and soft savings.
- Conduct training, when appropriate, on engineering concepts and tools, including but not limited to inspection, measurement and test methods.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match, and much more!
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in an Engineering discipline (Industrial Engineering/Mechanical Engineering).
- At least 6 years of experience in a manufacturing / warehouse environment.
- At least 4 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work
- Intermediate skill level in computer and systems use.
- Advanced skill levels in technical writing, research paper writing and/or experimental design.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: modifying default field properties, creating a subform, adding a control button, modifying query criteria and query totals, using conditional formatting and/or viewing data relationships).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- Basic AS400 or ERP systems knowledge.
- CAD experience.
- Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
All duties and requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor(s)/manager(s).
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an %26quot;at will%26quot; employment relationship