|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
We are currently seeking a Director of Engineering for our New York office. This is an incredible opportunity for a leader who will be responsible for managing and leading the growth of our transportation infrastructure practice. This role collaborates frequently with Office Executives and Department Management staff to provide oversight of the various transportation departments including Bridge/Structural, Civil, Construction Services, ITS & Traffic, and serve as part of a dynamic leadership team responsible for expanding Michael Baker International's practices currently servicing state, county and municipal clients.
- This position will facilitate the ongoing growth of MBI's transportation business in New York, by performing client outreach and providing direction on major transportation pursuits and industry expertise to our clients.
- Oversee staff and business growth creating and monitoring department budgets; financial management, client relations.
- Provide leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating staff with performance feedback, resolving issues and developing succession planning.
- Some evenings will be spent at professional society meetings; where you will work to develop and maintain relationships with key clients, teaming partners, and potential technical staff hires.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation's most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization!
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Master's degree preferred.
- 20+ years of progressive transportation engineering related design experience.
- 10+ years of project and staff management experience for design/construction projects for the NYSDOT, NYCDOT and NYC agencies across a spectrum of transportation modes.
- Professional Engineering license in New York.
- Leverage existing client relationships/experience working at the leadership and executive level.
- Understanding of state capital funding and operating budgets, the funding process and how its allocated.
- Demonstrated strategic planning for long term business plans, including measure goals to achieve engagement, capture planning and leadership of strategic pursuits.
- Technical excellence with the development of major transportation proposals and pursuits. Strong written and verbal skills, with exceptional presentation leadership skills are required.
- Knowledge of financial aspects of the engineering business, demonstrated new work added and measured goals to achieve.
- Progressive demonstrated experience with design bid build; solid client engagement experience related to direct meetings, strategy projects and industry associations.
- Attract and recruit high end talent to the organization with the ability to retain, develop, and promote.
- Self-motivated with solid business experience and understanding of cross selling and multi model transportation including highway, bridges, aviation, rail, and transit.
- MS Office Suite
The salary range for this position is $115,743 - $265,256. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. If the federal vaccine mandate is found to be valid and enforceable, this will include ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodation. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.