|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Director Infrastructure Engineering
The Director, Infrastructure Engineering leads the team responsible for setting the strategic vision for the architecture, design and installation of One Call's hybrid technology environments. The Director, Infrastructure Engineering designs and implements objectives, standard operating procedures, and processes that align and support the Infrastructure Engineering department and business needs. This role is responsible for defining the short and long-term hybrid infrastructure strategy for the organization and leading a team to execute to the defined strategy.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for IT Infrastructure Engineering to ensure all systems are designed and implemented following defined standards, industry best practices and regulatory requirements (security, resilience, scalability, efficiency, etc.).
- Ensures that security and regulatory requirements (security, resilience, scalability, efficiency, etc.) are implemented and enforced.
- Responsible for infrastructure and environment automation that enables product teams to quickly spin up hermetic and shared production-like environments for a variety of purposes, including development, proof of concept and multiple flavors of automated testing.
- Ensures observability in production, enabling IT operations teams and first responders to observe performance and functionality in near-real time. Areas of observability include real-time metrics, SLOs, alerts, logs, and distributed tracing.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; and recommend Departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Represents One Call in the area of Infrastructure Engineering, providing technical expertise and judgment for projects, solutions and staff. Serves as the liaison for the infrastructure engineering functions with other areas of One Call IT, programs, departments and outside vendors/partners.
- Plans, direct, control and evaluate forecasts budgets to achieve financial objectives. Forecast operating costs for area of scope and responsibility and prepares budget.
- Performs complex assignments to develop new and/or enhance existing procedures, statistical analysis, inspections, and validation activities. Contribute to the organization's process improvement activities.
- Develops capacity plans to ensure performance, latency reduction and resiliency
- Partners closely with the Security, Compliance and Data Governance teams to ensure adherence to all compliance requirements
- Identifies and communicate opportunities for automation to remove pain points related to repetitious engineering tasks, improved delivery timelines and configuration generation and standardization.
- Drives the development, coaching, and training of team members by setting goals and objectives, implementing career paths to performance, and succession planning.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
Ten (10) or more years of experience in an Infrastructure engineering role including both cloud and on-prem datacenters.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 10+ years relevant experience in Infrastructure systems engineering with a proven track record of delivering value in manufacturing and/or logistics.
- Strong planning & organizing skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Initiative & follow-up, including a strong sense of autonomy.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with the ability to write policies, procedures, and processed.
- Experience setting strategy and providing guidance to IT and business staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, organizational and collaboration skills
- Able to influence and make recommendations to IT and business partners at all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to drive consensus and collaboration across diverse teams, individuals, and functional groups to achieve desired business results
- Experience escalating risks to senior technology or business leadership
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- For roles located in office or home settings: this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- For roles located in the field: this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10lbs weight; up to 4 ft. height).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
- The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
- The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
- Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Please be advised this job description is subject to change at any time.