|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
We are looking for a DeltaV Process Automation Engineer who wants to participate in our journey to establish the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO facility in North America. More importantly, someone who wants to be a part of the largest growth journey that we in FUJIFILM have ever entered.
In the project phase, your main responsibility as the DeltaV Process Automation Engineer will be to provide Engineering input on the design and implementation of an Emerson DeltaV control system in the area of Buffer Preparation/Hold, Purification - Chromatography (LPC), Viral Filtration (VF), Ultrafiltration (UF), Diafiltration (DF), and Dispensing. Once in Operations, you will be responsible for and have ownership of the ongoing support of the control system for the defined process areas. You will report to the Automation Lead for DSM.
The work we do at FDB has never been more important-and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help manufacture the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
We are growing our locations and are investing more than $2 billion into establishing a new large-scale manufacturing site for biopharmaceuticals in the United States to accelerate the growth of our Bio CDMO (Contract and Development Manufacturing Organization) business. This will be the largest end-to-end cell culture CDMO provider in North America.
The new site will offer end-to-end solutions to our customers looking to manufacture biopharmaceuticals in the US. In addition to drug substance manufacture, it will also provide automated fill-finish and assembly, packaging, and labeling services. The new site is to be located in Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States.
As the DeltaV Process Automation Engineer, you will have direct impact on the automation of a $2 billion Greenfield CDMO facility. We offer the possibility of being a part of the IT/Automation Team within the area of Drug Substance Manufacturing (DSM). Your existing experience as a technical SME will be leveraged to educate and motivate others on this exciting project.
We are looking for a team member with positive energy, entrepreneurship, and courage to empower and inspire others while utilize your extensive knowledge and knowhow. You will join an organization focusing on growth, people, and a steep learning curve as well as a diverse workplace with people driven to make a difference.
- Support the design and implementation of a DeltaV control system for the automation of a CDMO facility
- Leverage design and code prepared from similar FUJIFILM project in Denmark
- Ensure project implementation is well received throughout the organization
- Coordinate with vendors as it relates to the Emerson DeltaV control system
- Interface with the IT/OT and I&C teams for coordination and integration of the control system
- Manage hardware/software design decisions and change control in a regulated environment
- Opportunities to make periodic International and Domestic travel
- You should expect the role and responsibilities to develop and evolve as the project group expands
We are looking for a candidate with the following background and skill sets:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Biological Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience designing, configuring, and implementing Emerson DeltaV control systems for Downstream operations using ISA-88 standards
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and fluency in English
- Collaborative attitude with the willingness to work with global peers and cross-functional teams toward company and department goals
- Experience in a cGMP facility or working with FDA regulations
- Knowledge with Drug Substance Manufacturing (DSM) would be beneficial
- Knowledge with Emerson Syncade, OSIsoft PI, InfoBatch, and Siemens PLCs is a plus
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 - 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 - 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.