|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Operational Technology (OT) infrastructure is vital to the operation of critical infrastructure and is often highly interconnected, containing mutually dependent systems. OT cybersecurity considerations are being integrated into our client's systems and there is significant need to provide support as they secure their OT systems and networks for reliable and safe operations.
This Cybersecurity Engineer will be an integral part of GHD's Advanced Automation Group, with a focus on providing OT cybersecurity design support for GHD's core engineering services in the water/wastewater, energy, transportation, and building sectors.
This position requires the need to understand how to apply industry standard assessment methodologies, assist clients in establishing governance policies, determine and establish OT cybersecurity design requirements, and develop OT cybersecurity design documentation.
The location for this position can be at any one of the GHD offices located in California, with the ability to work in a hybrid office/remote environment.
No VISA sponsorship is available for this role at this time.
- Actively participate in multi-discipline engineering design groups, serving as the core project engineering team OT cybersecurity consultant to facilitate reliable, safe, and secure network and system designs with consideration given to project constraints: Risk, cost, schedule, resources, capabilities, regulations, and industry cybersecurity standards.
- Actively participate in project scope development, project fee development, and project risk reviews.
- Assisting clients and associated engineering group leaders in identifying the types and nature of potential OT cybersecurity risks and threats, and equipment selection as it relates to OT cybersecurity.
- Provide client consulting assistance to include master planning in conformance with standards, policies, procedures, and directives relevant to the owner/client. Work with clients to develop governance policies necessary to mitigate vulnerabilities and attack vectors.
- Develop system design and specification documentation deliverables that address OT cybersecurity vulnerabilities, including identifying physical controls to mitigate vulnerabilities and attack vectors.
- Participate in project meetings and coordinate deliverables with clients, multi-discipline engineering teams, and system integrators.
- Maintain a working knowledge of cybersecurity standards and frameworks to include ISA-62443, NIST-800, ISO 27001, and others as required.
- Develop and provide internal and external training/mentorship on cybersecurity topics.
- Provide post project design validation reviews to confirm conformance with the established OT cybersecurity needs.
- Lead, manage, and review GHD cybersecurity/engineering deliverables in the project delivery of cross sector OT cybersecurity services.
Required Qualifications and Capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree in technical field similar to the following: Electrical Engineer, Automation Engineer, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- CISSP or GICSP certification or willing to obtain certification.
- Extensive industrial control systems expertise.
- Familiar with the implementation of OT cybersecurity and the needs of enterprise business management, as it pertains to OT data access.
- Experience and ability to correctly apply common IT systems including: wireless network systems, fiber optic networks, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches/methodologies, firewalls, and related systems.
- Industrial Control System (ICS) network segmentation design experience and familiarity with the Purdue Model.
- Knowledge of common cybersecurity threats such as a Denial of Service, Ransomware, etc. and approaches to mitigate threats.
- Capable of applying cybersecurity standards and framework (ISA 62443, NIST 800 Series, ISO, NERC/FERC, etc.)
- Experience in ICS design, development, deployment, and evaluating virtual and cloud based hosting environments.
- Familiarity with multiple SCADA equipment manufacturers and OT network communications protocols.
- Familiarity with various SCADA system platform architectures, PLC programming and architectures, and HMI programming and architectures.
- 3+ years of experience working in various critical infrastructure markets: Transportation, Federal/DoD, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Water/Wastewater, Power Generation, etc.
- AutoCad skills to develop detailed project documentation.
- Ability to develop and review P&ID diagrams, network diagrams, and process diagrams.
- Ability to develop and review project specifications.
- Project management experience.
- Strong team player with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ambition to learn and willingness to improvise and compromise based on client/project resources and needs, project limitations, and client capabilities.
- Travel (approximately 15% - 25%): North America.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.