|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
Trades & Services
Teijin Automotive Technologies is an innovative and full-service Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in development for lightweight technologies. Teijin Automotive offers employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a growing company in North America and internationally.
We are seeking a Controls Engineer for our Van Wert, OH facility.
Work directly with both plant and corporate engineering staff on plant and equipment improvement projects. Perform troubleshooting and breakdown repairs on electronic equipment and coordinates electronic maintenance work with the plant maintenance staff. Spports and performs both PC and PLC programming tasks required for plant operation. Creates and maintains electrical equipment and facility drawings. Train maintenance personnel regarding electronic equipment and processes. Order spare parts for new and existing electronic equipment in the plant. This role reports to the Plant Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, install, and repair new electronic equipment to be installed in the plant.
- Manage capital improvement projects and outside equipment suppliers.
- Evaluate, maintain, upgrade and repair machine safety systems.
- Troubleshoot breakdown repairs on existing equipment in the plant.
- Perform Project engineering tasks at Corporate Engineers request.
- PLC, HMI, and PC programming and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain electrical equipment drawings.
- Specify and order electronic spare parts for new and existing equipment.
- Direct and work with maintenance staff on electronic repairs and projects.
- Provide training to maintenance staff regarding electronic equipment.
Associates Degree is required with a preference for a BS degree in Electronics.
Five years experience in the field in a high volume industrial setting.
A high degree of computer literacy with experience using Rockwell Studio 5000 Logix Designer, Factory Talk View, Historian, Batch, and AutoCAD software.
Analog process control experience utilizing MicroMotion flow meters, Mettler Toledo and Rice Lake scales, VFWs, motion control, and Ethernet/IP networking is preferred.
Additional experience with Modicon and Automation Direct Productivity Suite PLC languages is beneficial.