|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators, and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
The Construction Inspector will serve as a key member of the firm's growing construction management discipline by working as an employee of the Canton or Cleveland office on inspection projects throughout northeast, east and southeast Ohio. The successful candidate will perform testing and inspection services on road and bridge projects for ODOT, and other clients, as well as inspection for improvements to airport airside and landside projects. Between field assignments, this position may involve design tasks such as constructability reviews of plans for upcoming projects as well as assisting technical staff during plan preparation.
- Inspect construction crews' work to ensure compliance with the contract documents including plans and specifications on active construction contracts
- Identify and inform the project engineer or project supervisor of observed problems
- Work with supervisor to address public and contractor questions
- Make measurements and observations of work being performed to ensure accurate quantities are tracked for completed work
- Monitor material testing needs and perform various Material tests when needed.
- Electronically document pay quantities, material requirements, and contractor staff in a daily work report using SiteManager
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate degree in Construction Technology or related field of study is preferred
- 5-10 years of ODOT construction or related experience
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a background check
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal, communication, and conceptual thinking skills
- Possess strong math skills, including algebra and geometry for determining areas and volumes
- Willingness to commute to construction projects in varying locations, work in all weather conditions, varying shifts, and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently for periods of time
- Ability to prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines
- Attention to detail and effective decision making and organizational skills
- Ability to provide support to local office, as well as availability to occasionally travel to other offices
- ODOT Project Closeout experience is preferred
- Desire and intent to obtain the following industry certifications:
- ODOT Prequalified: Project Inspector
- ODOT Prequalified: Structures Inspector
- ODOT Prequalified: Traffic and Lighting
- ACI Level I Certification
The salary range for this position is $27.13 to $40.70 per hour. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.