|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Enjoy working outdoors? Want to travel around the United States? If so, Matthews Gibraltar, the leader in the memorialization industry is looking for candidates to join our construction crews to build historic mausoleums.Take your career to the next level, working for a 160 year old company with amazing people around the US.Positions include a benefits package effective day one, as well as a strong 401(k) and employee stock plan. Join the team and apply today!
The Construction Foreman - .plans, directs and oversees activities of employees engaged in construction, installation and repair of structures and fixtures. Ensures goal are accomplished and deadlines are met. Enforces strong focus on quality and safety standards.
Rates start at
$28 - $32/hr.
based on previous experience.
****Position is 100% Travel****
***Reside in any place on the East Coast or Mid Atlantic.**
Benefits Program: Full benefits starting first day which includes: medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account(HSA) with company contribution, short and long term disability (after 90 days), life insurance, earned time off(starts accruing immediately), 401(k), retirement plan with company match, and employee stock purchase plan with company match.
Per Diem: Daily allowance for meals, as well as full cost of hotel covered by Matthews and mileage paid for initial and return trip per each on-site project (further than 75 miles of your home).
- Studies blueprints to determine dimensions of structure.
- Selects materials and structural units, ensuring conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance.
- Determines sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Assigns workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework, installing doors, building stairs, and laying flooring.
- Ensures safety precautions are followed.
- Inspects work performed by subcontractors, including ductwork, wiring, and pipe installations, to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years progressive construction experience.
- 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Routine travel either locally or nationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential function