|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Enjoy working outdoors? Want to travel around the United States? If so, Matthews Gibraltar, the leader in the memorialization industry is looking for candidates to join our construction crews to build historic mausoleums. Take your career to the next level, working for a 160 year old company with amazing people around the US. Positions include a benefits package effective day one, as well as a strong 401(k) and employee stock plan. Join the team and apply today!
The Construction Crew - Laborer position performs laboring tasks required at varying work areas, i.e. earthwork, excavation operations, concrete placement, jobsite maintenance and operations using considerable physical effort in moving and lifting materials. Rates start at $22 - $25/hr. based on previous experience.
****Position is 100% Travel****
***Reside in any place on the East Coast or Mid Atlantic.**
Benefits Program: Full benefits starting first day which includes: medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution, short and long term disability (after 90 days), life insurance, earned time off (starts accruing immediately), 401(k), retirement plan with company match, and employee stock purchase plan with company match.
Per Diem: Daily allowance for meals, as well as full cost of hotel covered by Matthews and mileage paid for initial and return trip per each on-site project (further than 75 miles of your home).
• Cleans-up, handles material and other fill-in assignments.
• Assists in varying equipment operations or activities as well as handles any replenishments of materials as needed.
• Moves products and/or materials for production use by lifting, pulling and or/pushing carts.
• Assists others in house-keeping of work areas.
• Shovels and sweeps to keep work areas clean.
• Drives Company Truck to deliver and pick up various parts and supplies.
• Assembles and sets steel forms in parts to be cast with concrete; grinds concrete.
• Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
• 1+ years of previous general labor experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
• Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts • Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
• Must have current driver's license.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions