|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
A Concrete-Laborer is defined as a person with the skill and experience necessary to perform a variety of general Concrete-Labor and related construction activities under the direction of an experienced Job Foreman or Crew Leader. This position must be willing and able to follow instructions and learn quickly from lead craftsmen.
- Perform tasks on all areas and aspects of concrete and construction related projects.
- Must be able to assist in the lay-out, measuring, planning, and execution of work activities.
- This position will be assigned to work with concrete crews on government/military construction projects.
- Typical work will involve moving material and forms, demolition, mucking concrete, site cleanup, and other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of both power and hand tools.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- A High School diploma or GED preferred.
- At least 1 year concrete construction experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Additional skills a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver's License Preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and some equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift 50. Job requires the ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspect of a construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
Pay Range: $20-24/hour