|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Job ID: 402299
Texas Materials is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Form Setter & Concrete Finisher
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Texas Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Form Setter and Concrete Finisher position today and jumpstart your career with the Texas Materials family!
Job Description Summary
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to your manager.
- Assist construction/paving crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking and running wheelbarrow.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools, and supplies.
- Form and pour concrete barrier wall, wheelchair ramps, inlets, headwalls, wing walls curb and gutter, concrete sidewalk and other concrete paving
- Ability to set string line for setting concrete forms
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and quality
- Ability to read tape measure and plans, sketches and blueprints
- Knowledge and possession of power tools/hand tools but limited to sledgehammers, handsaws, skill saws and drills
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must have the ability to set wooden forms to grade.
- Must have the ability to place and finish concrete.
- Must have the ability to place and tie rebar.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Must be at least 18 years of age due to the nature of the working environment.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 3 years of previous related experience in form setting and concrete finishing
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Texas Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .