|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
If you are a Construction Superintendent with experience in Retail, Restaurant or Grocery then apply now and join this is a 25+ year strong company with a family-like company culture.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jennifer Thomas
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
We are 25+ years in business! We're also a leader in the construction industry with proven Program Management success in multiple states in the US. Our company offers commercial construction and retail maintenance services in California and neighboring states. We have a diverse team of Superintendents and Project Managers who bring extensive knowledge and leadership; managing hundreds of Ground-Up Projects, Remodels, and Tenant Improvements each year.
We provide estimating, pre-construction, scheduling, budgeting, procurement, warehousing, and field management services and have the unique capability to self-perform fast track projects with contractor licenses in General Building, General Engineering, Mechanical, and Plumbing (employing expert craftsmen from numerous trades). We value our longstanding relationships with pre-qualified subcontractors and suppliers from wide-ranging disciplines.
Why join us?
- Our company is committed to exceeding customer expectations with a reputation for delivering the highest quality results.
- 25 years in business and growing year over year (even through the Pandemic)
- Revenue growing year over year
- Excellent Compensation
- 100% Paid Benefits for Employee AND family:
Medical, Dental, and Vision
HMO and PPO insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts - Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent Care
401K Retirement Plan (with a match)
Vacation and Sick Time
**Room for Growth (our VP of Construction grew from a skilled laborer into the VP role)
- Leads preconstruction process with Project Managers, including reviewing project plans and specifications, site surveys, scope development, project budget, obtaining required permits, and coordinating the preconstruction agenda.
- Manages job site preparation during preconstruction, including job trailer staging, trailer set-up, along with posting all safety and compliance postings as required.
- Schedules on-site pre-construction meetings with all subcontractors to review job site rules and expectations.
- Manages and oversees subcontractors; maintains construction schedule to ensure timely completion.
- Manages all on-site labor by maintaining daily timesheets and break compliance, reviewing job site rules with all personnel, and ensuring daily sign-in/sign-out.
- Travels to the job site to oversee the project and is onsite at all times during work hours with subcontractors. Projects may require a response to 24/7 emergency coverage.
- Communicates with the project team and submits all necessary forms, including Requests for Information ("RFI"), back charge notices, delay notices, hot work forms, crane plans, hazard assessment forms, silica hazard forms, and scaffold checklists.
- Prepares and issues daily project update submittals with photos to management.
- Oversees on-site safety implementation with labor, subcontractors, and the general public.
- Performs tasks in trades, including plumbing, electrical, concrete, flooring, roofing, painting, framing, drywall, and finishing for doors, windows, and cabinetry.
- Installs fixtures including windows, roofing, floorings, trim, tile, ceiling tile, hardware, heating, ventilation, air conditioning ("HVAC"), and switch box.
- Performs framing tasks including wood/metal, drywall, fiberglass, reinforced plastic, and T-Bar.
- Operates and maintains tools and equipment, including (but not limited to): drills, saws, nail guns, hammers, and shovels.
- Prepares site close-out packages, including post-project review, completed close-out punch lists, and build plans for the client.
- Identifies and procures materials and equipment for assigned projects.
- Coordinates, schedules, and stands inspections with local jurisdictions as required.
Education and Experience:
- Must have at least 3 years of Commercial Construction Superintendent experience
- Knowledge and general trade experience: plumbing, electrical, concrete, flooring, roofing, painting, framing, drywall, and finishing skills for doors, windows, and cabinetry.
- Experience managing personnel, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read plans, specifications, survey markings, and civil sheets; prioritize project scopes/trades.
- Experience working with onsite/off-site utilities and underground.
**Proficient with computers and familiar with Microsoft Software Suite.
**Experience with Microsoft Project is preferred.**
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.