|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Carrier Enterprise (CE) is a national distributor of residential and light commercial Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) products, parts, and supplies through licensed HVAC/R dealers and contractors. CE operates primarily in the business-to-business (B2B) environment, where its products are sold through licensed HVAC dealers and HVAC contractors. These dealers are independent companies that sell, deliver, and service Carrier, Bryant & Payne products to residences and businesses in their respective markets. CE offers customers a wide range of HVAC/R product lines, competitive pricing, best in class customer service, and valuable, timesaving services that positions CE as an industry leader. With over 200+ locations in 28 states, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Latin America, Mexico, and Canada, there is a location to service our customer's HVAC/R needs.
Carrier has an immediate opening for a Collection Specialist.
This role is an individual contributor with no direct reports managing an A/R portfolio reporting to the Regional Credit Manager. As the Collection Specialist, the selected candidate will be responsible for collecting the A/R for an assigned area following Company policy and applicable law. This position will work closely with the department's Credit Managers, Sales Center Managers., the Sales Team (Account Managers), and Customers (internal & external) to resolve Credit & Collection issues, including making outbound collections calls.
Besides direct A/R portfolio responsibility, this position is responsible for supporting the department's Credit Manager Staff. The candidate must always be working towards optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. The successful candidate must balance cultivating strong relationships with Dealers in a business-to-business environment while aggressively working accounts and keeping write-offs to a minimum. Provide ad-hoc reports to management regarding the status of accounts. This position may be asked to attend sales and customer meetings about credit matters. Additional special projects may be assigned.
* Perform collections on a daily basis
* Review 50 to 100 accounts daily
* Support Credit Manager Staff as required
* Perform customer account maintenance
* Prepare weekly and monthly credit reports - aging reports, statements, invoice copies
* Manage customer invoice disputes
* Prepare customer refunds
* Review COD accounts for offsets
* Compile daily offset files
* Prepare and send collection letters
* Work on team projects as needed
* High School Diploma
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize work.
* Attention to detail with strong data entry skills
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team
* Professional in appearance and attitude
* Ability to effectively communicate in writing.
* Ability to communicate verbally effectively.
* Ability to efficiently operate computers.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables desirable)
* Ability to adjust work schedule in accordance with job objectives.
* Must have strong and accurate data entry skills.
* Ability to perform basic math functions. Excellent customer service skills
* Minimum of two years of A/R previous Collections experience.
* Work and/or experience in a distribution environment is a plus.
There is no relocation offered for this position. This role will be in a hybrid work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled