|December 1, 2023
Trades & Services
- Visually inspects serial numbers and part condition to verify if parts are acceptable.
- Performs liquid and tape masking on components using various tools and equipment according to drawings to maintain coating allowances.
- Performs manual and robotic pre-process grit blasting for thermal spray on components according specification and interpret results.
- Utilizes precision measuring equipment as required to check work and record in electronic database.
- Operate controls on atmospheric and vacuum furnaces under direct supervision, load and unload own work.
- Assists operators in setting up their equipment and maintenance of tooling.
- Operates small cranes and forklifts to move equipment, parts, and material.
- Data entry/confirmation of the required quality documentation.
- Minimal experience in thermal spray booth operations under direct supervision
- Set-up and installation of brazing equipment according to process requirements
- Execution of brazing requirements on gas turbine components as per the required technical specification for joining and putty braze.
- Experience with grinding and blasting of components for braze preparation according to specification.
- Advise and / or participate in the design and fabrication of brazing tools and fixtures as required.
Education & Training:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Complete Specific on-the-job training towards meeting essential duties and work area performance criteria.
- Must complete assigned regulatory training for work area which includes Initial and annual Hazardous Waste and Management training.
- 2+ years of experience manufacturing experience with specific skills in at least one of the following disciplines: grinding, blending coatings, coatings application, coatings removal (strip line), blasting, heat treat, machining or welding or similar skillset.
- 2+ years of experience with interpretation of technical drawings or work instructions.
- 2+ years of experience in a production or maintenance environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Basic knowledge of MS Office programs, SAP, time keeping applications and folder structures.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.