|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,400 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction, and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, and a wide range of private commercial and residential development clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
LAND DEVELOPMENT/FEDERAL FACILITY PRACTICE
Through an integrated approach to all stages of land development, Michael Baker guides clients through the entire life cycle of a project, from due diligence, initial site planning, and entitlement approvals to final engineering, construction management, and surveying. Engineering integrated with in-house planning and surveying excellence and combined with a commitment to achieving clients' strategic goals, results in quality service and project delivery in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our skilled professionals can assist with any task on a wide range of project types, including governmental facilities, U.S. Military sites, hangers, and runways, commercial and retail developments, industrial and office parks, and housing developments. We understand that land development engineering for commercial, residential, and public uses requires a cost-effective, schedule-driven approach; we know that, to our clients, time is money.
Project work includes grading, paving, drainage, stormwater management, low impact design, green infrastructure, utility design, and erosion control design as well as local, state, and federal permit development for new facilities as well as renovation work. The position provides opportunities for individual responsibility and professional growth in an expanding organization.
Leading design project teams and mentoring new staff
Interacting with internal clients to ensure project delivery and client satisfaction
Coordinate with Project Manager to delegate tasks to younger engineers
Assist in generating local land development business and marketing to prospective clients
- BS/MS degree in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in land development/site work design; including site planning, preliminary and final design, construction documents, and written specifications in CSI Format for Private, Government, Industrial, Housing, and/or Commercial facilities.
- Proven ability to lead a project design team and perform all aspects of project designs
- Licensed professional engineer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to use Autodesk Civil 3D to create grading surfaces, profiles, and pipe networks required.
- Periodic travel will be required.
The salary range for this position is $92,000-$138,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.