|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Civil Engineer, P.Eng. to join our Conventional Energy Team in the Calgary Office.
- Responsible for the civil engineering deliverables within the scope assigned
- Site preparation for cold climate area ex. Northern Alberta, Canada including rough grading of the plant site and pipeline corridors, access roads, haul roads and service roads along the pipeline corridors
- Drainage including culverts / storm water management of the plant site
- Ponds - storm water drainage pond, process ponds including liner and leakage detection
- Marine facilities ex. ramp access for boat and barge; and jetty
- Erosion control and protection
- Storage tank pad and containment area including liner and leakage detection
- A/G Pipeline corridors
- Underground pipelines and utilities
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications
- Supervise and direct work of other engineers
- Stamp and issue civil engineering deliverables
- Coordinate and work with project team members across global offices
- Participating in design reviews
- Liaison with other disciplines and client
- Reviewing and maintaining project schedules, budget, engineering tasks and deliverables in conjunction with project management
- Providing technical guidance to junior team members
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Alberta.
- Ten (10) to (15) years of progressive experience in civil engineering and design in the oil and gas industry
- Experience in earthwork, site grading, roads, drainage, ponds, and pipeline corridors
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Strong technical writing skills; experienced in the preparation of correspondence, reports and proposals
- Effective verbal communicator, including presentation, facilitation and listening skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proficiency with Civil 3D modeling and AutoCad drafting would be an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.