|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Organize and complete carpentry-related tasks at construction projects. Position is non-union and offers competitive pay, benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete rough carpentry work, site logistical work, fencing, deck and platform building, protection systems, construction waste areas, and jobsite cleanup.
• Shape or cut materials to specified measurements.
• Erect scaffolding and ladders, as needed.
• Install structures and fixtures including but not limited to windows, frames, floorings, trim, and hardware.
• Review jobsite needs with superintendents and foremen, and coordinates construction.
• Estimate, inventory, monitor, and request time, staff, materials, and equipment needed to complete work.
• Operate equipment such as forklifts, backhoe, skid steer, excavator, compactor, and construction hoist.
• Assist with overall site safety and quality programs. Ensure Trade employees/subcontractors comply with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security.
• Comply with written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers.
• Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
• Maintain a high-level standard of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
• Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of three (3) years of carpentry experience required
• Valid driver's license preferred
• Basic knowledge of construction surveying
• Able to understand and interpret project drawings
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction carpentry
• Knowledge of foundations and framing of buildings or other structures
• Basic arithmetic, basic geometry, and their applications to carpentry
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including uses, repair, and maintenance associated with carpentry and woodworking
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to accommodate night and weekend work as needed
• Comprehend safety instructions and signage
• Clear communication skills, especially in emergency situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Weights
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Ranges
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion - Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electric shock. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor