|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
The Building Project Architect will be responsible for the architectural design and construction oversight of building enclosures and people spaces on building construction projects. This includes working with the project team to direct the A/E firm on design, aesthetics, space planning, material selection, work scope development and coordination with other disciplines.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct regular design and construction coordination meetings.
- Review, coordinate, track and assist with development/resolution of design documents, submittals, RFIs, schedules, and work progress in the field; while assuring that project scope, cost, and schedule are being met.
- Regularly interact and coordinate with construction contractor personnel while also reporting project status to Senior staff.
- Assist in creating, evaluating and implementing Value Engineering ideas, as well as review and resolve project change orders relating to building and architectural scope installation.
- The position requires working in a collaborative environment with project staff of all disciplines to design, procure and construct buildings while proactively identifying and correcting issues, root causing problems, and driving continuous improvement.
- Coordinate the development of bid package drawings, specifications, work scopes, price breakdowns, and schedules
- Review & compare bid package proposals and assist with the procurement process
- Monitor the construction work of contractors for coordination & adherence to construction documents and schedule
- Provide input, analysis & implementation of Value Engineering ideas to reduce project scope and cost
- Provide technical support to resolve design and construction issues
- Review and track project submittals, ensuring documents are submitted, reviewed and returned as necessary to meet project schedule; as well as compliance with construction documents
- Review and track RFIs. Coordinate responses with A/E firms, field conditions and project schedules
- Assist in the resolution of questions from contractors and other stakeholders, (i.e., interpreting the meaning and intent of drawings and specifications)
- Work with the project team to develop, provide oversight, and ensure adherence to project schedules
- Coordinate with other disciplines, and both internal and external stakeholders, the project designs, installations, deliveries, and schedules
- Conduct building architectural package design & construction coordination meetings
- Coordinate and resolve contractors interferences prior to commencement of construction activities
- Participate in design and construction meetings
- Perform constructability reviews
- Review change orders against project scope
- Coordinate with Value Analysis review of project bulletins
- Provide progress updates and prepare presentations for upper management
- Evaluate completion of the contractors work and assist in punch-list creation, resolution and close-out
- Provide review of final close-out documentation, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Document problems found and provide lessons learned for continuous improvement
- Review monthly invoicing
- Must be able to speak Korean
- Bachelors degree in Architecture
- 8+ years of experience in design & installation of building systems (including schematic design, detailed design, creation of construction documents and construction administration)
- 4+ years of construction site project management experience (including construction bidding/procurement, cost/change management, and scheduling experience)
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Construction concepts
- Experience with problem solving tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google software suites (including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Teams, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Docs, and Google Meet)
- Available and willing to travel and work overtime as required
- Advanced degree in Architecture or Construction Management
- Experience in automotive and/or manufacturing facilities design
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD or Revit
- Knowledge of LEED Green Building design principles
About Advantage Technical
Advantage Technical is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Technical is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.