|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Bilingual (English-French) Technical Support Representative
Call Center - 7 Hour days - No Weekends!
- Are you tech-savvy
- Do your friends or family call you when they can't get their tech to work?
If so, this could be the role for you!
As a member of the Canon team, you ll help our customers with a number of consumer products including, but not limited to, fax machines, scanners, and printers. You will act as Canon a brand ambassador and the first point of contact for our clients. You ll put your problem-solving skills to work to identify each consumer s unique inquiry and direct them to a suitable solution, ensuring that every case is resolved in a satisfactory manner.
ROTATING SHIFTS - Must be available:
Monday - Friday, 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 6:00PM
We are excited to offer a new and adaptive way of working that provides flexibility in the workforce while maintaining operational readiness! By blending remote and in-office work, we are able to take advantage of the independence and flexibility that comes with working from home, and the collaboration, teamwork and sense of belonging that comes from working together face-to-face. Our Workstyle Program offers the best of both situations: structure and sociability with independence and flexibility.
- Provide consumer product and technical support via telephone and email
- Define, diagnose and troubleshoot consumer product problems
- Assist customers with clear communication and step-by-step solutions
- Follow appropriate escalation process of unresolved issues
- Offer upgrades and pre-sales assistance when applicable
- Update CRM database with detailed information regarding customer inquiries
- Achieve monthly KPIs and metrics, such as Call Handle Time and Abandon rates
- Adhere to established quality assurance guidelines for all customer inquiries
To Succeed, You Will Need
- French and English proficiency
- High school diploma; Post-secondary education is preferred
- 1-year experience in a call center or customer service environment
- Analytical skills to assess multiple situations and perspectives, and arrive at an appropriate solution for the customer
- Strong computer and technical skills to troubleshoot driver installations and products
- Ability to organize time, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet KPIs
- Proven customer relations skills with professional and courteous telephone manner
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Canon is committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities.
- By monitoring public health conditions and following local COVID-19 guidelines, we are taking necessary precautions and putting the safety of our employees and candidates first. A critical component of our workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and must provide Canon with proof of vaccination or undergo regular COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Screening in order to access the workplace. Canon will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office Mondays and Wednesdays each week, with the ability to work from home for the remainder of the week (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance)
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools
- Comprehensive health coverage plan that includes medical, dental and vision
- Life insurance, disability and wellness programs
- Vacation, Paid Personal Time and Sick days
- Matching RRSP contribution & Profit Sharing Program
- Tuition Assistance Program for professional continuing education
- Discounts on Canon products, retailers, memberships and more!
- Free coffee and snacks
- On-site cafeteria and outdoor patio
- Employee gym and fitness centre
- Employee referral program
- Inspire Program, online peer-to-peer recognition for redeemable points on hundreds of products
- Community involvement
Come and join our team and reap the rewards as we work to take Canon to the next level! We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, exceptional growth potential and stability, all within a casual and professional work environment.
While we appreciate all applicant submissions, only those considered to be most qualified will be contacted for further assessment.
Canon Canada Inc. is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us via email at or via phone at 1- or
Since 1973, Canon Canada has been the leading provider of consumer, business, professional and medical digital imaging innovation. Technology continuously changes, but our vision and commitment to delivering exceptional solutions and great customer experiences never does.
Headquartered in Brampton, Ontario, with 12 additional offices across the country, Canon is the preferred choice for technology and services that enhance the lives of people and drive business performance. We are committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, and provide 100% Canadian-based service and support for every product we distribute.
Every day our team comes to work excited to tackle real-world challenges, conceive new ideas and develop groundbreaking, innovative solutions - to make a difference for our customers, our business partners, our colleagues and our company.
We re proud of the difference we make for our customers and our business partners, and in the communities where we live and work.