|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
7132 - Dulles - 45210 Towlern Pl, Sterling, Virginia, 20166
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, responsible for assisting technicians with determining the correct part number(s), locating parts, receiving parts into inventory, distributing parts to customers (both internal and external), proper documentation of all transactions, returning incorrect/defective parts to vendors, inventory control and maintenance, OSHA/EPA compliance, and outstanding customer service.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
• Provide customers (both internal and external) with the correct part(s) for their vehicle.
• Locate and receive shipment of parts.
• Receive parts into inventory.
• Maintain the parts inventory for neatness, accuracy (cycle counts), and correct stocking levels.
• Control service supplies to minimize waste.
• Allocate parts in the AutoMation system.
• Return incorrect and/or defective parts to parts vendor or manufacturer.
• Meets all requirements of OSHA/EPA guidelines.
• Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
Work requires ability to:
• Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
• Intermediate PC Skills with spreadsheet knowledge.
• Successfully work with and through associates of other departments within the Store.
• Required performing multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment.
• Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
• Understand numeric filing system.
• Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
• Complete CarMax provided training in all areas of the Parts process.
• Primarily indoor office environment. May include working at times in noisy conditions and/or inclement weather.
• May require walking or standing for an extended time.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays and 12-hour days.
• Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through the company) at all times while working in the store.
Disclaimer And Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax with or without notice.
This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and can not be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice and subscribes to federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin or disability. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax. This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.