|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
At Carvana, we sell cars and our promise is simple: we won't sell a car to a customer that we wouldn't sell to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate condition, we've built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where we use our Carvana Certified 150-point inspection process, to identify items that need to be replaced or repaired to ensure every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards. We then take high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior and make them available to our customers to view and utilize our seamless, online car buying experience that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device without ever leaving their home.
We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals, just like you who are interested in a better job opportunity and can help us deliver on that promise, for fill positions in the Parts Department at our Reconditioning/Inspection Center in the Indy/Greenfield, Indiana area.
Think you've got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below to see what we're looking for!
About the Team and Position
As an Inventory Associate I in our Parts department, you will be responsible for partnering with associates to identify parts needed for vehicles and maintaining an orderly parts storage area for OEM, third-party and aftermarket parts for vehicles in an efficient manner.
What you'll be doing
- Maintaining an orderly parts storage area.
- Work with other associates to identify specifications for parts needed.
- Follow outlined procedures and complete all required documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
1st Shift: Working hours are Monday - Friday; 6:00am to 2:45pm
2nd Shift: Working hours are Monday - Thursday 3:30pm to 2:15am.
What you should have
This position requires someone who is interested in beginning or expanding their career in the automotive industry and is interested in working for a company that promotes from within.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- A valid driver's license.
- Previous experience sourcing and ordering parts from dealerships and OEM vendors.
- Knowledge of automotive parts, equipment and/or systems.
- Moderate understanding of vehicle mechanical repair.
- Demonstrated ability to work with computer systems and applications with a high level of accuracy.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team setting.
- Ability to physically, operate vehicle equipment and tools.
- A quality-first mentality that takes pride in upholding Carvana's vehicle quality standards.
- Strong, consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to review, analyze, identify problems, and make decisions.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing production environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated ability to interact effectively, with people at all levels both inside and outside of Carvana.
It would be great if you also had
- Experience working in the Automotive Industry or in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company
- Experience with parts sourcing or working in an automotive/automotive shop environment
What we'll offer in return
- Competitive hourly wages and consistent pay (NO FLAT RATE)
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 401k with company match
- ASE and Tool Reimbursement Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking, stooping, pushing, and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.