|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for data engineering lifecycle including research, proof of concepts, architecture, design, development, test, deployment and maintenance
- Design, develop, implement and run cross-domain, modular, flexible, scalable, secure, reliable and quality data solutions that transform data for meaningful analyses and analytics while ensuring operability
- Design, develop, implement and run data solutions that improve data efficiency, reliability and quality, Ensure data integrity and are performant by design
- Layer in instrumentation in the development process so that data pipelines can be monitored. Measurements are used to detect internal problems before they result into user visible outages or data quality issues
- Build processes and diagnostics tools to troubleshoot, maintain and optimize solutions and respond to customer and production issues
- Embrace continuous learning of engineering practices to ensure industry best practices and technology adoption, including DevOps, Cloud and Agile thinking
- Tech debt reduction/ Tech transformation including Open source adoption, Cloud adoption, HCP assessment and adoption
- Contribution to Optum Inner source / industry community and strive to reuse and share components wherever possible across organization
- Maintain high quality documentation of data definitions, transformations, and processes to ensure data governance and security
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience designing, coding and supporting distributed, data intensive systems at scale
- 2+ years of experience setting up Enterprise Data Governance
- Good understanding and exposure to health care data sets (Provider, Clinical, claims and Individual/Patient in particular)
- Ability to profile different data sets received from different CDOs in term of individual fields, data types, etc. and coming up with IN-TRANSIT and AT-REST schema definitions
- Work with Enterprise standard schema definition team and help expand the standard schema where necessary or build a custom schema for care data platform requirements
- Perform data quality checks and automate the validation of mapping raw data to standard schema
- Proficient in SQL queries and DB normalization & denormalization concepts and automate the process of validating AT-REST schemas for data fitment
- Good exposure to data loading, data transformation, data governance and data lineage aspects of data engineering
- Data Architecture Principles, Experience of Model comparison/assessment and recommendation
- Healthcare business experience: Provider network Management, Hospital EMR/Billing system exposure, Revenue Cycle Management understanding, Physician Practice Management, CMS guidelines/mandates to Independent Physicians or Hospitals, Payer-Provider relationship, HEDIS, Member/Patient Risk Management
- Hands-on experience with Data warehousing cloud tools such as Snowflake
- Hands-on experience working with Azure cloud including terraform
- Basic understanding of Azure cloud, Data streaming platform like Kafka, REST APIs consumption, GitHub and Jenkins CI/CD
- Ability to analyses different schemas in JSON and Avro specifications, including the creation of newer ones in similar structure
- Data publishing and Consumption pattern
- Translating business requirement into Data Lifecycle
- Data Model Management - forward engineering/backward engineering
- Master Data Management - Identity mastering, Merger and Split management
- Hands-on Exposure of Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Data Lineage, Data Quality Checking, Data Transformation, Data Load processes
- Exposure programming languages such as Java/Scala/Python/go
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal, Data, Engineer, Analysis, Agile, Sheet, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote