|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Job ID: 394380
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
An Asphalt Laborer performs many duties to assist crew when paving roads and highways.
- Shovels, rakes and compacts materials at road construction projects.
- Stand for long periods of time performing manual labor near hot asphalt in hot weather.
- Walk alongside the paver to shovel and rake areas of asphalt that require leveling.
- Must be capable of performing duties near traveled roadways and live traffic lanes.
- Must load, unload and properly clean tools and equipment.
- Routinely assists of other team members in different areas of the road project.
- Must move and deliver tools, equipment and materials to locations throughout the job site.
- Effectively follows directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for specific project site or job site.
- Must be able to maintain acceptable attendance in a flexible work schedule.
- Properly follow & promote all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Must maintain at all times a strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures.
- Must be available to travel and work at multiple construction sites within your geographic region.
- May perform other duties including but not limited to operating equipment.
- Must possess a professional attitude while interacting with peers, contractors and general public.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and 20 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to work with a shovel or rake for periods of time throughout the day. Shovel work can require handling from 10 lbs. to 30 lbs. on a regular bases. Pushing and pulling an asphalt rake is required.
- Job requires the following motions: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting.
- Climbing up onto and down off of equipment on a regular basis. This requires the use of hand and food holds to mount and dismount the equipment. Must be able to climb without limitation or restriction.
- Operation of directional, speed, and operational controls on the equipment. This requires movement by hand of levers, switches and typically a steering wheel to turn the unit.
- A variety of other activities can be performed as needed such as flagging traffic, operating a vibratory tamp (to compact asphalt in tight places), or using hand tools and equipment.
Shift differential may apply.
What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .