|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Job ID: 396359
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
We are seeking a motivated, safety and career-minded individual to join our team to work on various pieces of construction equipment whether it involves, grade or pavement work.
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and paving.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- May perform other duties such as shoveling asphaltic materials and assisting with maintenance of asphalt finishing machine to include adding or removing screed extensions.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job requires the following motions: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting. Requires regular lifting of 25 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Uses tools such as a shovel, asphalt rake and asphalt lute. Walking and standing each occupy approximately 50 percent of the work day. Overtime work is often required. May be exposed to extremes of hot or cold weather. May be exposed to vehicular traffic. Required riding to and from job sites. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .