|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Architecture - Engineering (AE) Design Team Manager. This individual will support our client, an engineering firm based out of Northeast, with projects nationwide. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The AE Design Team Manager will lead the multi-disciplinary AE team, supporting company projects throughout New England and firms' offices nationwide. This individual will be responsible for managing a multidisciplinary team of engineers and architects supporting diverse projects in federal, commercial, and industrial markets.
Additional responsibilities of the AE Design Team Manager include:
- Lead engineering and design responsibilities for varying projects ranging in construction value from $100k to $100M
- Practice disciplines include architecture, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and controls
- Manage practice lead sand senior staff
- Direct communication with corporate leadership including Operations, Sales, Contracts, Legal, Finance, and Accounting
- Responsible for the financial management of the cost center (business unit) including: forecasting, productivity management, and reporting
- Support business development programs including opportunity mining, capture strategy, and proposal development
- Occasionally travel in short durations, as required for pre-proposal meetings, customer meetings, project reviews, conferences, etc.
- Develop and manage specification development using knowledge of current industry standards and identify appropriate specification sections and standards for associated designs (MasterSpec, SpecsIntact, manufacturer specifications, etc.)
- Understand AE consulting financials including fee estimating, project cost tracking, forecasting, and reporting
- Understand and view AP/AR processes and collaborate with corporate functions
- Consistently maintain profit expectations in order to identify and resolve potential issues related to scope creep, schedule, delays and productivity
- Establish and execute strategic plans for firm development and growth
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define needs and support
Specific qualifications for the AE Design Team Manager include:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Architect (P.E., R.A./AIA) with ability to obtain licensure in multiple states
- Preferred certifications include: LEED, PMP, CCP, and CEM
- Minimum ten (10) years of demonstrated relevant work experience at a large AE consulting firm with design team management responsibilities to include:
- Demonstrated success managing complex and diverse AE design projects as measured by deliverable quality, customer satisfaction, and profitability
- Experience managing DoD and non-DoD contracts
- Experience managing multi-year task order contracts (IDIQ, MATOC, SATOC)
- Ten (10) years of experience in AutoCAD 2019 or newer
- General knowledge of CAD and BIM workflow and software and other industry AE software tools
- Ability to manage standards development and workflow to enhance quality and productivity to include:
- Engineering and Design Standards:
- Ability to identify and reference applicable codes and standards (IBC, ASTM, AIA, etc.) and interpretation of such specific to the associated design
- Understanding and familiarity with current industry codes, and standards (IBC, ASTM, AIA, etc.)
- Experience with Federal/DoD design standards and guides (WBDG, UFC, UFGS)
- Relevant experience developing and managing specification development
- Knowledge of current industry standards and ability to identify appropriate specification sections and standards for the associated design (MasterSpec, SpecsIntact, manufacturer specifications)
- Engineering and Design Standards:
- Current possession or ability to obtain DoD CAF Top Secret clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.