|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
POSITION TITLE: Leasing Consultant at an Apartment Community.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
HOURLY RATE: $15.00. This is a 90 day contract-to-permanent employment opportunity for the right person.
We're looking for someone with computer skills and office experience who can handle busy phones, file lots of paperwork, and work well in a very busy environment with interruptions. Problem solving skills are a very important part of this job, so you need the ability to recognize that when there is a problem, you know how or where to go to fix it.
This office takes time to train you - you aren't just thrown in to "sink or swim". We have a very set way of doing everything, so if you can follow instructions and checklists you should be good. This is a GREAT company with steady employment, good benefits and a "Business Casual" environment . A dynamic person with a positive attitude, who works well as a team member and enjoys working with the public will do very well here. If you're looking for an opportunity for quality permanent employment, apply!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Leasing Consultant is responsible for leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of residential apartments. Also coordinates with property manager regarding tenant move-in dates and building maintenance issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day-to-day duties and responsibilities are determined by where consultants work, there are many core tasks associated with the role. These include but are not limited to:
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Inspect models and available "market ready", communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to prospects needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure application fees/deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new residents' signature(s) on appropriate paperwork at move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Achieves sales goals set by resident and area manager
- Accept rental payments and process as required. Put in safe.
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information on ResMan System accurately and on a timely basis. Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
- Review and code invoices
- Maintain current resident files by scanning and filing all documents into ResMan.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager.
- Enforce polices of the community.
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
It is critical that individuals possess the ability to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job and must attend training classes as scheduled. Work schedules and location assignments are subject to change. Ensure compliance with time management policies including meal and rest periods.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school required
- One to two years of industry experience or three to five years of office management experience preferred
- Fair Housing Certification preferred
- Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Excellent communication and written skills required
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance required
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Understanding of the Microsoft suite; ResMan software preferred
- Operate 10-key calculators, copy and facsimile machines to perform calculations, produce and distribute documents
- May be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying packages to a store room (light to heavy weight material equipment) using a dolly.
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception
It is the policy of BEStstaff, Inc. not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
"Positively changing lives through Trust, Care and Commitment based staffing"