|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Job ID: 401019
Hallett Materials, a CRH company, was established in 1918. Hallett Materials produces quality aggregates with a firm belief in customer service. The materials produced by Hallett Materials are used in the construction of new highways, bridges and buildings as well as landscaping and maintenance projects.
The Equipment Operator/Laborer is responsible for operating a variety of equipment for groundwork and construction purposes. This employee will generally work in utility capacity by transferring from one task to another where demands are required.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights, safely and efficiently.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Assist crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking, running wheelbarrow and other task's as assigned.
- Lifts, carries and holds material, tools and supplies.
- Help perform daily safety checks of all equipment and site operations.
- Assist in Continuous Site Improvement through use of performance standards.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience prefered.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge in operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
Pay: $23 - $26 / hour
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Hallett Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .